Saturday, May 28, 2011

la paz 10 - may 9

Hola.


It was so good to talk to you guys. Mom, sorry, i didn’t even say Happy Mother’s Day! I think it’s just cuz they don’t celebrate it here in may, so it kind of escaped me while we were talking. But I did remember throughout the day. But it made me really happy to be able to talk to you guys. The time passed by soooooo fast. But it’s alright…I’ll see you guys in like 6 months.


This week was sure a full week. The elders have 2 investigators that got married and baptized this week, so we got to go the wedding (en el registro civil). We also did service with our branch president. Then we went out to “el campo” which is like the fields, farmland part…we went and visited a less active family out there and we had a FHE with them. It was really fun. And then we actually had an activity with the ward that we planned. And the person who had the spiritual thought bailed, and the person who had the activity bailed, so we ended up doing everything except the food. But man, it was a busy week. I feel like we didn’t have any time to really work. So this week should be better as far as our numbers go…


So a couple weeks ago my comp twisted her ankle while she was walking, and it started to bother her. So she took a pill for the inflammation and to kill the pain. Well, we were heading out to this one neighborhood called “Puerto Marquez” because we had some appointments there (we spend most of our time in this neighborhood). And my comp asked if she could buy a drink so she could take another pill and sit in this plaza (where we were) and just rest for a sec. because her ankle was hurting her. So we bought a drink and sat down for a little bit. We probably were there for 20 min. and then headed out again. We went to the branch president’s house and his wife told us that there had just been a shooting! we figured out that the shooting had happened where we were initially headed and about the time that we would have been there. Nobody was hurt. Just some punks shooting at nothing to give the people a little bit of a scare. But my comp and I were really grateful that she had been klutzy and had twisted her ankle. (oh…and one of the guys that was involved in the shooting is an investigator of the elders and he came to church….but he had to sit in jail for a few days after the shooting).


But no worries. I know Heavenly Father protects us, and that if I feel like something is not right, I listen to that feeling.


But ya…I got to talk to Kris, not as long as I would have liked. Darren was even there for a few minutes, that was funny. And that’s awesome that Bro. Mcaffee got called to work with the YA's, that’s so cool. It will be fun to see grandma and grandpas new place.


All righty kids. Take care. (I tried sending pics, didn’t work this time. Sorry. Clare looks sooo cute in the pics! I’m loving the ginger look!


hna. amundsen


No comments:

Post a Comment