Monday, October 18, 2010

rafaela week 10 - oct 12

Hola Mi Familia!

Thanks for sending the love my way padres. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! Yesterday…i know. It was a Holiday here yesterday and everything was closed, so i'm writing today. Also…next week is transfers, so i will be writing Tuesday i believe. But i hope you had a good time, have fun with your new surfboard. don't break it.

Well i'm scared. I don't want to get transferred!!! I'm beginning to really fall in love with the people here in Rafaela. and plus, we have a few baptisms coming up. And i just gotta be here! I can't tell you how much i love our ward here. They have totally grown on me. And Marta and Luis are totally a part of the ward already. You should have seen everyone yesterday. There was this big ward activity at a park, and everyone was playing soccer…we couldn't play because it's a rule, but we watched and it was just as entertaining. Ruben was the ref, and he kept pulling yellow and red cards out on people and making jokes along the sidelines. Then you've got Hector…a recent convert that has long hippie hair, and a bandana around his head, and everytime he goes for the ball he dives and does rolls on the ground. Then we've got Guillermo, who really plays soccer, and he's doing all sorts of tricks and what not. It was so funny. Never a dull moment. I think i laughed the whole duration of the game.

But anyway. This last week we had the Pres. and his wife come to our pench to do interviews. That was really cool, he is totally inspired and just told us what we needed to hear. Me and and Hna. Hansen were like, “can he come every week for interviews?” And this week we really tried to put all our focus on the work. We tried to not talk about family, friends, or home, but to really live in the here and the now and focus on the people here. It's hard, but we are seeing blessings.

So i'm super stoked about one of our investigators…there is this guy in our ward named Miguel Lacroix. He is the only member in his family. He's married with 3 kids, the oldest is 19. Miguel joined the church about 3 years ago and has been and awesome member. But his family doesn't have any desire to join. But anyway, Miguel kept telling us to go by his oldest son Mateo. So we did. We went by a few times, but he was not there, and one time he was riding out on his bike with a cigarette in hand. Anyway…it's been hard for us to find Mateo, and he lives really far away, so it's been hard to find time to go out to their house a lot. But me and Hna. Hansen felt like we should keep trying. And about 2 weeks ago we passed by and Mateo was outside washing his dad's motorcycle. So i asked if we could help. Normally people say no. But he looked at me, handed me some stuff and i got to work. I was stoked! Because this was the perfect opportunity. So we chatted as we cleaned. He is really shy, but we told him who we were and asked if we could come by and talk to him sometime. And he said ya!

Anyway…we've taught him 3 times so far. We had lunch with their family…(the mom likes us and invited us! She said she's only invited one other set of missionaries over before), and Mateo came to the activity with us yesterday! He is so rad. He does smoke, so we gotta work with that. But he is really listening, praying and reading what we leave him. And he said he is already seeing the changes in his life! His dad is way stoked for him…i am too! He really is such a good kid. We are excited for him!!

But ya. I love missionary work! It's so rewarding! Also…i guess my trainer Brianna Redfern has a bunch of pics of me on her Facebook, maybe you can check it out. Have you sent my christmas Package yet? I need a couple things, but you can send them separately. I need super blue!, some really Strong bug repellent (i get bit while i sleep), and then i need some knee straps…remember how i used to wear straps under my knees when i run? Well, i kinda need some cuz my knees get sore from running in the morning. I tried making some but they don't really work.

Well, i have to go! I love you guys so much! I'm healthy, still not understanding what the heck people say here, but i'm loving it anyways! Until next week. Enjoy the Pictures! Let me know if you have questions.

Todo mi amor,

hna. amundsen


No comments:

Post a Comment