Friday, October 14, 2011

la paz 28 - sept 19 "chau"

HOLA FAMILIA!


Esta carta la voy a escribir en español para que aprendan. Jajaja! Naaaa. Mentira. Voy a seguir en Ingles para que no sufran tanto. This is my last, so I better make it good right? This is so weird. I always felt like the missionaries at the end of their missions knew everything and I feel soooo not like that. I have learned a ton, I have grown a lot personally I feel at least, and for that I am grateful. But I still have so much more to learn! Life is just one big journey.


One thing I think the mission has really taught me is how much I really love my Savior, and appreciate all that He has done and still does for all of us. I feel like I have learned just a little bit more about Him while trying to be His representative; trying to say and do what He himself would say and do if He were here. It’s not easy…the Savior’s life was not easy, but He never complained.


Well this week here in “the Peace” was interesting. We are working a lot with Patricia Golly….she is a heavy smoker…but she is smoking a LOT less…before it was 60-80 cigarettes a day…and now it’s 10-20 a day. She is so funny…last night we had an activity at the church, and she came. And I went to go to the bathroom, and I open the door and there is all this cigarette smoke, but there isn’t anyone in the bathroom. The other day she had a box of cigarettes and we told her she couldn’t smoke anymore after she finished that package. And I took the package when she wasn’t looking and marked it with a pen. Then later we returned that evening to check up on her, and she told us she had smoked only that box. So I asked her to see the box. The box had no marking on it, and I told her that she was lying, that this was a different box. And she denied and denied, and then finally gave in and told us. Oh Patricia….so this has been quite the adventure. Her boyfriend is a recent convert, and he has been helping her a lot too. She keeps telling me how much she is going to miss me when I am gone and how she is going to write to me when she quits smoking for good.


So I have my final interview with President tomorrow. That will be good, he always has good things to say. The package was fun. Thanks for sending that mom. The church is true, the book is blue, so yabba dabba doo! Welp, I gotta go. See you guys on Wednesday!

Love, hermana amundsen


No comments:

Post a Comment